To Sparkle…or Not to Sparkle…That is the Question!

1 Flares Filament.io 1 Flares ×

So what do you focus on when you look at this photo? Do you sparkle or not?  Do you look at the 104 degrees and stop…agasp at the thought of the heat?  If so, you are NOT a sparkly person.
Here’s what I see:
#1 – It’s 104 and I have no AC in my car and only 3 working windows.  So while I’m in my car in this excessive heat, I sweat…therefore I glisten which is in a way…sparkling.
#2 – That phone case in that photo sure is sparkly!  How did you even notice the heat above that sparkle?
#3 – Did you see those sparkle nails?   If not, you are focusing too much on the negatives and therefore…NOT SPARKLING!

My whole point?  Never focus on the ick in life.  There are too many of those and you can get caught up.  Of course I could focus on 104 with 3 windows and no AC but that would be counterproductive to my happiness.  Just take in the sparkles in your life and enjoy!

Don’t ever let ANYTHING or ANYONE dull your sparkles because they are truly all around you as long as you choose to embrace them!  I don’t just talk the talk, I walk this walk…and I choose to embrace it!  Sparkle on!

About Christy

Christy Gossett, managing editor of SoFabFood and creator of the healthy living blog, Insanity Is Not An Option, is a WAHM of 6 kids ranging in age from 26 to 7. She enjoys sharing her heart-healthy, low sodium recipes to help others with dietary restrictions enjoy a flavorful life while maintaining a healthy diet.

Comments

1. I missed the nails, but am drooling over your phone case! Stay cool my friend, stay cool!

The phone case was a cool $7 online. It’s amazing how easy the sparkles are to attain! 😉 And cool is my middle name (well it’s Lee but that’s relative).

3. Saltlizard says:

Funny thing is that when you first posted said pic, I thought you took it to show us the sparkle case. Did not see the temp till I read the post.

4. Too funny! The first thing I saw was the sparkle phone case! I didn’t even notice the heat! Maybe because I’m just used to the extreme temps now! LOL

5. I just noticed the nails, did not even notice the temp, had to go back after I fully read the post. Sparkle On! I think I am going to make a sign in the back yard today that says Sparkle On!

6. LOL I didn’t even notice the temp!! I love your sparkle and it spills over onto everyone else!

I love that we have the same outlook! <3

Oh please do and share a picture with me! I have a sign but still haven’t unpacked it at the new place. Maybe that’s what’s missing!

Oh who cares about the temps when you sparkle, right?

And this is why, even after all of these years, I still {HEART} you!

11. Melissa Rheinlander says:

I saw the sparkles too 🙂 then the temp… OMG!!!

It’s even hotter today. I get to stay inside and sparkle but poor B has to work out in this stuff.

1 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 0 Google+ 1 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- Buffer 0 Filament.io 1 Flares ×