Grilled Pizza…YUM!

Do you make homemade pizzas?  Have you ever grilled them? If you answered yes, you’re in heaven.  If you said no, you’re missing out on a lot!  It all starts with a great homemade sauce.
 And then the homemade pizza crust (all plated and stuff).
Fixings all ready!  That’s the beauty…you choose!  SCORE!
 Now we’re ready for the grill!
Let’s see how this goes!  Toss the crusts on the grill and coat them with oil.  Cook on one side for 4 minutes (but watch them so they don’t burn).
Flip them over and heap on the sauce!  Looking good.
Overload them with cheese and let the magic begin.
Cover them with your toppings of choice and let them cook an additional 4 minutes!  And done!  Easy peasy…eat and enjoy.
And while they eat, I wait on my veggie pizza.  Looks good no?
 My “Bud” and I are patient!
What a fabulous meal (again…all paper plated and stuff).  We all enjoyed this and we will be doing this often.  I highly recommend grilled pizza!  Remember…single sized pizzas are easier to deal with.  And homemade crust cooks better than the premade stuff.  Enjoy yourself and please remember to share your tips with me here!  If you have a favorite grilled pizza…I want to hear about it!

You can find my low sodium sauce and crust recipes HERE or you can use your own homemade recipes, or use store bought sauce if it’s more convenient.  Either way, I’m sure it will be fabulous!  Enjoy and have fun!

About Christy

Christy Gossett, managing editor of SoFabFood and creator of the healthy living blog, Insanity Is Not An Option, is a WAHM of 6 kids ranging in age from 27 to 8. She enjoys sharing her heart-healthy, low sodium recipes to help others with dietary restrictions enjoy a flavorful life while maintaining a healthy diet.

Comments

1. Tonia@thegunnysack says:

Looks delicious! I love grilled pizza!

I wanted to do it again this weekend but it won’t stop raining…WAAAHHH!

3. H Palmeter says:

We did a buffalo chicken pizza recently on the grill. Local crust, used alfredo for the sauce, topped with very thinly sliced onion, chopped up pre-cooked buffalo chicken tenders and a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles combined with pizza cheese. Friggin DE-LISH! I know you aren’t a meater, but make if for B and the kids!

That’s very inventive, we can try that this weekend. But I’m wondering how a veggie version of this would go. I love the taste of chicken wing sauce so I’m wondering how that would be as the sauce on the pizza since you brought this up. Then just do the the blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella cheese, and onions. Oh now I have to give this a shot! Thanks!

5. Dang it, now I’m hungry for pizza at 9:30 in the morning!

LOL…I’m always hungry for pizza. It’s the only food I actually like! 🙂

7. What?! The *only* food? Aren’t you exaggerating just a little?

Slight exaggeration but not much. It’s my favorite for sure!

9. I might be making a pizza with a cauliflower crust. I’ll let you know how it comes out.

Interest! Please do let me know how that turns out.