Hello Handsome! Meet My New Nikon D3100!

1 Flares Filament.io 1 Flares ×
I am so incredibly excited! I don’t covet much, but over the past 6 months or so, I have coveted this camera more than I care to admit. It’s shameful actually. I would visit it at whatever store I was in, I would stalk it online, and I’d secretly cry a tear or 70 before bed each and every night. I could have bought it but I’m a tightwad. I just didn’t want to plunk the money down. But the other day, I just couldn’t get this lovely beast out of my head, not even for a second.
The minute B got home, I kind of assertively announced, “I’m going to buy that camera today.”. His reply was simply “Ummm…OK”. You see, he’d been telling me to get it all along. Then we went into a stupid (on my part) discussion about my reasoning for getting this particular camera. I was trying to get him to talk me out of it. Every point I brought up, he agreed with, so actually I was arguing with myself (that’s not really all that uncommon anyway). When I was through with my argument for one, B looked at me with “that” look and said, “So when are you headed to the store?”. Everything is so simple to him. I want to be him when I grow up and stop worrying so much!Β
So yes, I got it! WOOT WOOT! I’ve been snapping away ever since. I’m still trying to get the hang of it but wanted to show you just a couple of shots of the babies (no editing, just plain and simple awesomeness from my new BFF). I need practice but the days of the blurry, out of focus photos are gone forever!
And speaking of handsome! Look at this little man. I’m finally able to capture those amazing eyes.
I am highly aware that the lighting of this photo isn’t great but the point here is that this fantastic piece of equipment is fast as lightning. Now instead of just telling you about Bug, I can show you her many personalities through photos.
So my friends, it has been a good week. I can’t wait for the weekend when I really have time to get to know my new friend better! I’ll be back to share. In the mean time, Sparkle On!Β

About Christy

Christy Gossett, managing editor of SoFabFood and creator of the healthy living blog, Insanity Is Not An Option, is a WAHM of 6 kids ranging in age from 26 to 7. She enjoys sharing her heart-healthy, low sodium recipes to help others with dietary restrictions enjoy a flavorful life while maintaining a healthy diet.

Comments

1. Woott!!! Welcome to the club!

2. I’m so jealous! Great photos though! πŸ™‚

3. Congrats on the new camera!!! I can’t wait to see what you catch with it!!

4. How fun! You’ll have so much fun experimenting with it!

I’m already having fun! Can’t wait until I figure it all out.

Thanks Janet! I’m like a kid at Christmas. πŸ™‚

Just go get one. Take the plunge!

Once I learn the secret handshake, I’ll be really stoked.

9. Jealous! πŸ™‚

10. FANTASTIC! I am so super excited for you! The pics are great!!

Thanks Tonia! Means a lot coming from you! πŸ™‚

Yea and next you’ll go buy the D5100 and I’ll be all jealous pants!

13. Melissa Rheinlander says:

The kiddos are getting so big!! Bubby is too cute!! & Bug is just beautiful!!

Yes, they are getting too big too quickly! I cry every time I think about Bug starting kindergarten this month. πŸ™

15. two words: Congrats and jealous…ok that’s three but you get the point…LOL. Have fun! Can’t wait to see all the awesome pics!

16. Jealousy ensues. My camera isn’t working so well. Son dropped it a month ago and the lens doesn’t work right anymore. I could handle a new one. Love your hub’s response!

I”m still trying to figure the whole thing out. This camera is complicated. πŸ˜‰

Oh my stars! That’s not good. No one is even allowed to look at this fabulous creature let alone touch it, other than me of course!

19. BrandiJeter says:

Yay! I’m so jealous, but SOOOO happy for you! Love the pics and can’t wait to see more of your beautiful children in all of their crisp, photogenic glory!

Thanks Brandi! It’s crazy how excited I am about this thing. But I promise it made the pool ever more fun over the weekend because I was able to watch them and save my memories! I probably looked like a fool to everyone that was there, but that’s not a new thing for me. πŸ˜‰

21. Yay how did I miss this! I got the same one and have to put time aside to learn more!! So happy for you Christy!!

1 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 0 Google+ 1 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- Buffer 0 Filament.io 1 Flares ×