Letting Go and Growing Up

2 Flares Filament.io 2 Flares ×
Letting go is never easy, and for me, letting go of my children is incredibly hard. I know, it might sound a little overly dramatic for me to be calling the first day of Kindergarten “letting go”, but in my mind, that’s what it was. The first step Bug took in to that door on the first day was her first real sign of independence. She’s growing up and I have to let her.
She’s doing quite well in school, she likes it, and I’m proud of her. She will be 6 in a couple of weeks. Too many milestones in such a short period of time have left me feeling a little melancholy. I’ll get over it, I always do, but in the mean time, a momma has a right to pout!

Current ye@r *

Comments

1. Hi Christy, Those are the days that you’ll look back with fond memories together ;) but, you have a right to pout there is always that adjustment period. It’s great to capture those moments in photos! Wait till it’s going off to college, whew big time pouting!

2. I read the title and thought, “I know just how that feels,” but what was on MY mind was the fact that my oldest daughter is now in college. It’s been 10 days since we moved her into her dorm room and I miss her! She is in Ohio and we’re in California, so not like we can see her too often. BUT, I’m counting the days until her Christmas break and I get to see her again. TRUST me when I say, it goes by in a flash…It seems like it wasn’t too long ago I was taking her to her first day of kindergarten!

See, I think that’s why I’m clinging and pouting. My “big” girls as I call them are already grown. I’ve already done the off to college thing and I know how quickly it goes from K-College. :(

Sorry, Jessica! I know that sting too. My big girls have already left me for bigger things. They are both in GA living grown up lives and I’m here in TX. Those breaks just don’t come often enough and I know what that hole feels like. That is the exact reason I am so clingy to the babies. I know only too well first hand how quickly they grow up and leave the nest and with each of these milestones, comes another day closer to the day she (they) leave. Although I must admit, having a 1st set and then a 2nd make you appreciate these moments a little more the 2nd time around. This is why I capture every little moment in pictures now.

5. JanetGoingCrazy says:

You are doing a fantabulous job and that shows in the sparkles on her face! You can do this, Momma!!

Thanks Janet! I’m trying but I’m actually going crazy! Wanna go? ;)

7. JanetGoingCrazy says:

I’m on my way…see you there!!

8. Chrissy Taylor says:

I know this post was a couple weeks ago, but I am just stumbling across it and feel your pain. Actually, your post made me cry. My little guy started kindergarten last week and I am having a terrible time!

9. IT’S.JUST.HARD isn’t it Chrissy? My Bug is doing so well but I still get weepy every morning and this is her 3rd week!

2 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 0 Google+ 2 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- Buffer 0 Filament.io 2 Flares ×