It’s that time of year and I’m reflective. I’m an emotional hot mess most of the time but this time of year, it might just get a little bit worse. So today, I’d like to share my top 10. We all have so much to be thankful for, no matter what’s going on in our lives. There is always something good and it’s time we recognize it. So here we go. My top 10.
10. My health. I’m alive and still kickin’. That’s saying something after all I’ve put myself through all of these years. I’m thankful but I’m sad that some of the people in my life aren’t as lucky.
9. In this horrid economy, I still have a roof over my head, food on my table, and my children have what they need.
8. My job. I get to work from home, in my jammies, without a shower at times, but it’s lucrative, and I’m lucky to be one of the ones that’s “made it”. I’m my own boss and I’m difficult on me, but it’s a good thing and I enjoy what I do.
7. My online friends. I’ve never met most of them in real life but I love them just the same. They know my secrets. They know my inner thoughts, and they are brave enough to stick with me.
6. I’m thankful to still have both of my parents. I’m middle aged and everyone in my bracket doesn’t have this luxury. We had a scare 3 years ago, but both of my parents are still with us, and that’s a beautiful thing.
5. My siblings. I’m not very close to one of my sisters anymore because of her life choices, and mine, but I still love them both very much and I always will.
4. Long term relationships. I still talk to friends that I went to high school with. We laugh, we cry, we still connect. My dad was wrong about this. I still remember their names, and I know their children’s names, and I still feel close and thankful to have them in my life.
3. Skipping. It’s underrated. Do it, you’ll see what I mean.
2. My marriage. In a world of break ups, I’m still on the roller coaster. Sometimes I want to get out of line. But most of the time, I’m anxious to get back in line after the ride. Life is full of ups and downs and I’m thankful for the ride, no matter what. It’s not always easy, it’s not always fun, but it’s always worth it. He holds my heart and our souls are one.
1. My children. I love them more than anything in this world. I’d give my own life for them. Bryana, Paetyn, Bug, and Bubby are the reason that I exist. Without them, I am nothing. Despite their flaws, and despite mine, we are a force and we will forever remain connected, no matter how near or far. They are the reason that I was put on this earth. I’ve been blessed and I am lucky!
So that’s my top 10. What are you thankful for this year? Life is good. Be thankful and remember to count your blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving and remember, I am thankful for all of you! Sparkle on!
Christy Gossett, managing editor of SoFabFood and creator of the healthy living blog, Insanity Is Not An Option, is a WAHM of 6 kids ranging in age from 26 to 7. She enjoys sharing her heart-healthy, low sodium recipes to help others with dietary restrictions enjoy a flavorful life while maintaining a healthy diet.
Hey y'all! I'm Christy and I'm glad you could stop by. Have a seat, grab a drink or a straight jacket, and join me as I share heart-healthy recipes, stories and life lessons about my insanely large family, and whatever else pops into my hot mess of a mind! Read More…