Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Verizon Wireless and I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The Softcard related content is provided by Verizon Wireless. All opinions expressed here are my own. #paywithmyphone
I don’t know about you, but I have way too many store loyalty cards, debit cards, and credit cards to keep up with these days. I don’t carry a wallet because I like litty bitty purses so I just shove all of those cards, in no particular order, into the front pocket of my itty bitty purse and I’m constantly stuck fumbling through my many cards at the checkout line much to the dismay of my OCD tendencies. It’s not a pretty sight. Me fumbling, frustrated, while the babies beg for candy and everyone waits in line, impatiently, behind me. There has to be a better solution. And guess what? There is! All of this can be avoided with the help of Verizon’s new free Softcard app and now we can all pay with our phones at participating stores. As a bonus, all of those store loyalty cards can be loaded in this one little app so we never have to worry about fumbling for them again at checkout and there’s some mega savings associated with the app too. So how does it work?
Simply go to the Google Play Store if you have an Android phone, or the App Store if you have an iPhone (note: the app works with the iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S and you need a special case) and download the free app.
Then, there’s a little bit of set up involved because nothing awesome is super easy. But this is a pretty easy set up. There are some cards you can add with a touch of a button like American Express, Chase, and Wells Fargo. Don’t see your card? Don’t fret. You can sign up for an American Express Serve® Account that you can add money to from your preferred debit card, credit card, or U.S. bank account. Then you can add all of those store loyalty and rewards cards so you can get savings and loyalty points without having to carry around a bunch of cards and coupons. Pretty amazing, right?
But I know what you’re thinking. How secure can this all be? Like seriously, everything, all of my personal financial information, is right here in my phone. Sounds a bit risky, but it’s not. Verizon took care of that with state-of-the-art technology and layers of security to protect your information. It’s pin based so as long as you don’t leak your pin, no one else can get in. Plus the app has Remote Wallet Lock so if your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can freeze your entire Mobile Wallet with one phone call or web entry. That’s certainly easier and quicker than calling the issuing bank from every card you currently have in your wallet.
Once everything’s loaded, it’s simple to use. You can pay with Softcard anywhere contactless payments are accepted, and that’s at over 200,000 locations nationwide. Just pay with the tap of your phone and save with special offers. And some of these special offers are amazing, but you’ll need to act quickly so you can utilize them during your holiday shopping:
- Spend $40 and Get $20: Verizon customers with an American Express Serve Account on Softcard from Verizon can get a $20 credit after they spend $40 or more on one purchase with their Serve Account through 9/30/14. Terms apply.
- $25 American Express Serve credit: Sign up for a new American Express Serve Account in the Softcard app through 8/31/14 and you can get a $25 Serve credit.
- $1 back on purchases: Tap to pay with an American Express Serve Account in Softcard and get $1 back on each purchase of $1 or more up to $50 per month with the Serve credit through 12/12/14. Terms apply.
- First 3 Coca-Cola drinks are FREE. After the first 3 free drinks, if you buy 10 more, you get another 1 FREE through 12/31/14. You must sign up for the “My Coke Rewards” loyalty card within Softcard to take advantage of this offer.
- White House Black Market – $20 off $80 (ends 10/31)
- Osh Gosh – 20% off $40 or more (ends 9/30)
- Chico’s – $25 off $100 or more (ends 10/31)
- Carter’s – 20% off $40 or more (ends 9/30)
It’s your choice. Do you want a wallet, purse pocket, or pants pocket full of debit, credit, and loyalty cards? Or do you want to put everything all in one place, neatly organized, and ready to use while you’re saving money and taking advantage of some awesome deals? You decide, but I really think you should give this Verizon Softcard a try. You’ll save money, never fumble for another card, and it’s FREE to try so you’ve got nothing to lose.
If you’d like to hear what others are saying about the Verizon Softcard, join in on the Twitter Party on Thursday, September 25th from 12:00 to 1:00 pm EST. Be sure to RSVP before attending for your chance to win one of the 2 $75 Amex Serve Cards, or the grand prize of a $200 Amex Serve Card. Hope to see you there!