Just so you know, this post contains affiliate links but is not sponsored in any way.
Ahhh…tenderloin. A Texas staple. Typically B smokes our tenderloin for HOURS on the weekends. But what do you do if your family wants tenderloin, you’ve spent every weekend moving for a month, and you’re not a grill master? You pull out your Crock Pot of course! We all know I love my Crock Pot for ease of cooking and clean up and my first attempt at Crock Pot Tenderloin was a HUGE hit at my house.
Low Sodium Crock Pot Tenderloin Ingredients:
- 3 lb cut of Pork Tenderloin
- 5 – 6 small potatoes of choice
- 1 cup of organic baby carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Pot Roast Seasoning Mix (my new bff)
- 1 cup water
- Crock Pot
Low Sodium Crock Pot Tenderloin Prep and Cooking Instructions:
- Cut your tenderloin in half so that it will fit nicely in the Crock Pot and place it in the bottom.
- Cut the potatoes in 2-3 pieces and place them on top of the tenderloin.
- Place the baby carrots in the Crock Pot.
- Cut up the celery and place it over the carrots.
- Cut up your 1/2 onion and put it in there too.
- Mix 1 cup of water with your Mrs. Dash seasoning mix and pour it over your meat and vegetables.
- Simmer on low setting for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
The result is a deliciously tender meat with veggies on the side and a one-pot clean up. Serve this with a side of bread and a refreshing drink for a full meal, and use the leftovers to make barbecue sandwiches the next day. I’ll be back to share that low sodium recipe later. Low sodium, easy cooking at it’s finest. What’s your favorite Crock Pot meal? I’d love to try it!