I’m always on the lookout for healthier, lower sodium snack alternatives for B. He loves sweet potatoes so when I saw this recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Chips, I knew I had to try it out. I’ll be honest, I’m not a fan of sweet potatoes…at all..and when I tried these when they were done, I thought my attempt was a flop. But the minute he got home, he dug in and he said they were awesome. So, if you’re a fan of sweet potatoes and you’re looking for a healthier snack alternative, you should really try these out!
This recipe is super simple and requires very few ingredients.
Baked Sweet Potato Chip Ingredients:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil – about 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp low salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes.
- Slice them into thin, round pieces.
- Toss the slices in a bowl with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides with the low salt and pepper.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes (you might need to bake them longer like I did, just watch for crispness and remove the chips that are done before baking longer).
That’s it. This lower sodium snack is a much healthier alternative to store-bought, fried potato chips and it’s sure to please the sweet potato lovers in your life. Hope you enjoy!