Thank you to General Mills and Usher for sponsoring this post and inspiring us to start our day with happiness and positivity!
How do you start your day off right? They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I say starting your morning off right in all ways is super important. We have a hard time here in the mornings. Bug doesn’t want to get up, Bubby doesn’t want to eat anything (hello pickiest eater on the planet), and I just don’t want to fight with either of them. But with the help of Honey Nut Cheerios and the new upbeat song from Usher, “Clueless”, our days are getting off to a positive start lately. Good food plus good music to start our day? Yes, please and thank you!
This little guy right here is literally the pickiest eater on the planet. Oh, I know, you think your kid is, but you’d be wrong. He’d rather starve, like his momma, than eat something he doesn’t like (which is almost everything). But I can’t send him to school on an empty stomach so I had to get creative. Protein and fiber are important. They keep us balanced and energized throughout the day. And thankfully, I came up with a recipe with just the right sweetness that my baby loves that also delivers the protein and fiber he needs. Crunching on these Peanut Butter and Cheerios Breakfast Bars while listening to upbeat music are the ticket to the start of a productive day.
Want to make these for your picky eater? This recipe couldn’t be simpler (seriously, if I make anything that resembles baking, it’s bound to be easy). The first thing you’ll need to do is head to your local Walmart to pick up a box of Honey Nut Cheerios. Between now and December 31st, specially marked boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios only at Walmart offer a free download of the exclusive song by Usher, “Clueless”, which will have the kids tapping their toes while they eat their breakfast to start their day off right.
- 3½ cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter (I make my own to reduce sugar and sodium but you can use store bought as well.)
- ¼ cup no salt butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- Place Cheerios in a large bowl.
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with waxed paper.
- In a medium pan, combine peanut butter, corn syrup, and butter and heat over low heat until melted, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract then pour over the Cheerios and mix well.
- Place the Cheerios mixture in the prepared pan and press to flatten.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips over the bars and bake in the oven for 3-5 minute until the chips look “melty”.
- Remove from oven and spread melted chips evenly with a spoon like a frosting.
- Chill covered on the countertop for 4 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.
- Store uneaten bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator to be enjoyed throughout the week.
Bubby is in love with these bars, Bug’s digging starting her day out with music, and I’m happy that I’ve found something that will jump start their day and give them the energy they need to be happy and productive at school in the mornings. It’s a win for everyone. If you’ve got a picky eater at home or just a little music lover like I do, be sure to head out to Walmart today to grab your Honey Nut Cheerios with the free download of Usher’s new song. It’s the first step to starting your day out on a positive note. How do jump start your mornings?