Disney’s FROZEN the movie is all the rage in theaters right now. Have you seen it? Unfortunately, we have not. We were invited, as a family, to a pre-screening in Houston but due to school schedules, and the sniffles, we were unable to attend. *SIGH* But that didn’t stop us one bit from celebrating its release. You can’t hold a Disney family down. Instead, we decided to celebrate at home with a FROZEN themed dinner party, complete with Walmart toys, fun themed foods, and lots of imaginative play!
- 1 lb ground chicken (you could use ground beef but we tend to avoid it)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted crackers
- 1 tbsp low sodium brown gravy mix
- 1/2 tsp ginger (I just used the powdered stuff but you can use freshly ground ginger)
- 2 tsp bread flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
What you’ll do:
- Mix all of the ingredients, except for vegetable broth and flour, together in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll into one inch balls and place in ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes and remove.
- Whisk the vegetable broth with the flour in a mixing bowl until you have a gravy mixture.
- Place prebaked meatballs in pot, pour the gravy mixture over the meatballs, cover and simmer on stove top for one hour.
- Serve over cooked riced or egg noodles.