The past 2 weeks have been extremely trying for me! I've bitten my tongue (I'm a vegetarian, I do not like the taste of blood) and I've fought with the ones I love. I've been on edge. I am not myself. I'm not very sparkly.
We have opened our house to a visitor, a family member, and he is not a very good house guest to say the least. But I've decided to turn my angst and anger into something productive-ish. I've worked my way through this and I think I have learned some lessons over the past 2 weeks that I'd like to share with you.
Are these lessons full of wisdom? Will they change your life forever? Will you be wiser after reading this post? NOPE to all of the above, but hopefully you can laugh with me! It's better to laugh than cry (or scream and yell as I've found myself doing more than I care to admit over the past 2 weeks).
So without further ado, my top 10 life lessons I've taken from the past 2 weeks (some I have learned, some I already knew, some that others should learn....really pretty random, but go with me people...I'm trying to find the humor through the madness).
10. Self-centered people suck. That is all I have to say about that.
9. When your son says, "I have a BIG, GIANT poop in my butt" and lays down for you to change his diaper, BELIEVE HIM, and be prepared. Send for reinforcements, grab the gas mask, and figure out this potty-training thing! Apparently it's time!
8. Just because you understand simple etiquette does NOT mean that others do. I've always just assumed that if I had to pull out a chair to sit in it, when I got up, I should push said chair in. If I accidentally left said chair out but had to pull it out to sit in it the next time, someone else must have pushed it in for me, so when I get up again, I should obviously push it back in. Lather, rinse, repeat. Same goes for closed doors, cabinets, anything that just doesn't belong. Apparently, others do not share my views here!
7. Lazy people suck.
6. Lots and lots and lots of cologne gives me a sinus headache from hell!
5. If you sit on your ass all day long and do NOTHING but video chat (read = talk on chat sites all day with other losers) and play on FB, please don't try to play it off when everyone else gets home and act like you've been busy, busy, busy! I have pictures. It's all good!
4. Fake people suck!
3. Always say please and thank you (if someone is buying the groceries and cooking for you for FREE while you are doing #5, the least you can do is say thank you, right?).
2. MY family rocks! I've forgotten this part and let other things get in the way and have been somewhat of a crab cake while I deal with shit! Not the big, giant poop in Bubby's butt kind of shit, but the dishes and shit that apparently I am required to put in the dishwasher, the clothes I am required to put up, the doors I am required to close, the chairs I have to push in, the lights I have to turn off. Yea that kind of shit!
1. Don't let anyone dull your Sparkles! Yup...this is the biggest lesson of them all. I have failed and I will rectify this NOW! Karma's a bitch people! I'm feeling pretty good on that front, but I better start ducking because someone in this house might get hit pretty hard!
That is all! I hope you take lessons from every aspect of your life. The good, the bad, the ugly. And always try to laugh at them. Don't let the bad stuff beat you down! The past couple of weeks, I've ignored my own advice and that's just not good! Sparkle on folks! Life is good, but self-centered, mean, and lazy people suck! You can't change them, but more importantly, you should NOT let THEM change YOU!
These are awesome! I totally have a similar list for every time we go to the beach with a group of people.ReplyDelete
oh chica! That was a very productive way to get that out, probably easier than the poop (I've been there with that one). And just remember, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Sorry about that one and I hope things get better soon. Not to mention I'm sure we can all relate, I have some relatives that would fit some of those perfectly. :/ReplyDelete
You took the lemon of a family member and made lemonade-flavored wisdom of it. Whether YOU THINK you've lost your sparky luster or not, we all know better. You may feel like the dimmest star in the sky right now but those of us that know you see that sparkle shining brightly. You manage to find ways to perk people up, share your wisdom and just smile... Even when you don't feel like smiling,ReplyDelete
And you know the best part? Your kids see it, too, I'm sure. They will remember this as they grow and I'm certain it will help them be better people too. If nothing else, it has created some awesome family bonding that you will laugh about when said rotten lemon finally is gone.
hey sparkly girl, i don't like to hear that your sparkles are fading. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that you unwanted visitor makes a quick exit from your home. Btw, I think everyone has a #10 in their life. hang in there, feel free to call and bitch anytime. my theory is bitch or explode ;)ReplyDelete
I am with Deb... fingers crossed XX : )ReplyDelete
Deep breathes and keep on sparklin'
OK, y'all ROCK! Thanks for the support here! I'm still tasting blood though! Another beautiful event this morning....UGH! Oh well, this too shall pass!ReplyDelete
Even though you are dealing with a mega loser, you have not lost your sparkles, you really haven't. I am sorry you are going through this, you do NOT deserve this, your heart is too big to let someone take advantage of you--I hope he is gone pronto! Any relief in sight?ReplyDelete
Sounds like something we all deal with here and there. Keep thinking positive, and you'll get through it all, you are already on the right track by letting it out here, and you can't say we aren't "listening" when we read it all. ;)ReplyDelete