This Crock Pot Chicken Fiesta Soup got its official name from Bug. Well, more like it got its name from me because I had to entice Bug to eat it. I’ve made this before and she loves it, but on one particularly “difficult” evening, she decided Chicken Taco Soup didn’t sound appealing. I quickly retorted that it was Chicken Enchilada Soup. She didn’t buy that either. But when I cleverly blurted in an excited tone that this was now Chicken Fiesta Soup, she decided that sounded fun and that of course she would have a bowl, or two. So from here on out, this soup will forever be dubbed Chicken Fiesta Soup. It’s super simple to make on the stove top or in the Crock Pot, and this lower sodium recipe is also heart healthy for an added bonus.
This is seriously one of the simplest recipes I make because everything comes out of a can or a bag. I toss everything in the Crock Pot in the morning in minutes, and by dinnertime, we have a house full of delicious aromas and a one-pot meal everyone enjoys.
Chicken Fiesta Soup Ingredients:
- 1 bag frozen Tyson Grilled & Ready shredded chicken
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 4 oz can diced chilis
- 1 can no salt added corn
- 1 can no salt added black beans
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning Mix
Chicken Fiesta Soup Preparation and Cooking Instructions:
- Pour the chicken broth and tomato paste in to the Crock Pot and stir until blended.
- Mix in the seasoning.
- Add all of the canned vegetables and stir.
- Pour in the chicken and stir.
- Simmer on low setting for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
Serve this soup up with some tortilla chips and a refreshing drink for a fulfilling and delicious dish your family will love. It tastes like you’ve been toiling away in the kitchen all day when in reality, this literally takes less than 10 minutes to throw together. Winning! What’s your favorite slow cooker recipe that’s simple, healthy, and delicious? We’d love to try that too!