The past 2 weeks have been extremely trying for me! I’ve bitten my tongue (I’m a vegetarian, I do not like the taste of blood) and I’ve fought with the ones I love. I’ve been on edge. I am not myself. I’m not very sparkly.
We have opened our house to a visitor, a family member, and he is not a very good house guest to say the least. But I’ve decided to turn my angst and anger into something productive-ish. I’ve worked my way through this and I think I have learned some lessons over the past 2 weeks that I’d like to share with you.
Are these lessons full of wisdom? Will they change your life forever? Will you be wiser after reading this post? NOPE to all of the above, but hopefully you can laugh with me! It’s better to laugh than cry (or scream and yell as I’ve found myself doing more than I care to admit over the past 2 weeks).
So without further ado, my top 10 life lessons I’ve taken from the past 2 weeks (some I have learned, some I already knew, some that others should learn….really pretty random, but go with me people…I’m trying to find the humor through the madness).
10. Self-centered people suck. That is all I have to say about that.
9. When your son says, “I have a BIG, GIANT poop in my butt” and lays down for you to change his diaper, BELIEVE HIM, and be prepared. Send for reinforcements, grab the gas mask, and figure out this potty-training thing! Apparently it’s time!
8. Just because you understand simple etiquette does NOT mean that others do. I’ve always just assumed that if I had to pull out a chair to sit in it, when I got up, I should push said chair in. If I accidentally left said chair out but had to pull it out to sit in it the next time, someone else must have pushed it in for me, so when I get up again, I should obviously push it back in. Lather, rinse, repeat. Same goes for closed doors, cabinets, anything that just doesn’t belong. Apparently, others do not share my views here!
7. Lazy people suck.
6. Lots and lots and lots of cologne gives me a sinus headache from hell!
5. If you sit on your ass all day long and do NOTHING but video chat (read = talk on chat sites all day with other losers) and play on FB, please don’t try to play it off when everyone else gets home and act like you’ve been busy, busy, busy! I have pictures. It’s all good!
4. Fake people suck!
3. Always say please and thank you (if someone is buying the groceries and cooking for you for FREE while you are doing #5, the least you can do is say thank you, right?).
2. MY family rocks! I’ve forgotten this part and let other things get in the way and have been somewhat of a crab cake while I deal with shit! Not the big, giant poop in Bubby’s butt kind of shit, but the dishes and shit that apparently I am required to put in the dishwasher, the clothes I am required to put up, the doors I am required to close, the chairs I have to push in, the lights I have to turn off. Yea that kind of shit!
1. Don’t let anyone dull your Sparkles! Yup…this is the biggest lesson of them all. I have failed and I will rectify this NOW! Karma’s a bitch people! I’m feeling pretty good on that front, but I better start ducking because someone in this house might get hit pretty hard!
That is all! I hope you take lessons from every aspect of your life. The good, the bad, the ugly. And always try to laugh at them. Don’t let the bad stuff beat you down! The past couple of weeks, I’ve ignored my own advice and that’s just not good! Sparkle on folks! Life is good, but self-centered, mean, and lazy people suck! You can’t change them, but more importantly, you should NOT let THEM change YOU!