I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®. All ideas, opinions, and photos are entirely my own! #cbias #SocialFabric
We Gossetts are not your typical family. You say dress up for holidays and you probably mean suits and ties, dresses and sandals. We, on the other hand, mean Super Heroes and Hello Kitty!
This Easter, we played “dress up”. I love that the babies love to dress up and I love that they don’t like to do it in the traditional manner. My babies play dress up all year long. There’s no reason to wait for Halloween. My Bug is usually a beautiful princess or something equally girly, and my Bubby will always be my Superman (or any other super hero if given the opportunity). Imagination in children is a beautiful thing that should be fostered by whatever means possible. Each of the babies actually have a costume drawer in their dresser that we add to regularly.
This Easter, they wanted to “dress up” and I was sure to make it happen. They needed something new for the occasion though. Online shopping was my friend since I’ve been pretty busy these days. I actually did an online comparison shop with the babies’ help. We typically shop at Party City in-store but it seemed that Costume Express had a lot to offer online so why not give that a shot too, right? For the record, Party City offers better online prices on their costumes, but Costume Express offers better shipping options and in-stock items galore.
Celebrate every day. We’re only here for a limited time. Make every day, and every holiday, count. And don’t be afraid to “dress up” in your every day life! I might *or might not* wear my tiara on my shopping trips often just because I can. I guess these nuts don’t fall far from the tree after all. Celebrate life! It’s too short to waste!
Be sure to check out Chasing Fireflies and Buy Costumes for more ideas for your everyday dress up celebrations. Seriously, you’ll thank me later. You’ve missed way too much “dress up” at this point in your life!
|Rare Date Night with B: I just HAD to get my face on first!|
I’m kind of like one of those incredibly famous divas in the fact that if you don’t live in my house or aren’t a member of my family, you’ve probably never seen me without makeup on my face…and you likely never will.
Yes, that vain!
I haven’t had any invasive procedures done but I promise you, if B wasn’t so opposed to it, the deed would already be done. And my wheels are still turning. I’ll convince him it’s the right thing to do soon (I hope). But in the meantime, what’s a vain girl to do?
Lena was AWESOME and she took so much time listening to my needs, wants, and constant whining about my sagging face. And so it began, a life altering hour. No, I’m not being overly dramatic here. I told you I was vain.
We went product by product, issue by issue, until we’d covered every aspect of my beauty needs.
I took up a lot of her time but I was polite and “shared” her with other customers as they came up with their questions.
- Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub to combat the ever-growing pores that come with aging.
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream to help promote firmer skin and provide intense hydration.
- Olay Total Effects 7 CC Creme for color correction, moisturizing, and sun block. If you’re younger than 30, you might want to check out BB Creme instead. Same principle but it hides blemishes and you probably don’t have the uneven complexion yet (don’t laugh…it’ll happen).
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation for all over coverage to help mask larger pores and these pesky wrinkles.
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo to help smooth and lift lids and nourish your lashes.
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Espresso (oh my…I’ve always used black liner but Lena knows best).
- CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Black/Brown (there’s that brown creeping in again).
- CoverGirl Lip Perfection Balm in coral which is something totally different for me. You probably already know this, but I like pink.
- Use a specifically designed brush to cleanse your face because it actually gets in to your pores and cleans them which will help reduce pore size. She recommended Va-Va Vivid.
- Do NOT use pressed powder if you have larger pores. The pressed powder is seeping down in to your pores and actually causing them to clog, giving them an even larger appearance. Oops! Guilty as charged!
- This was the hardest one to listen to: Do not use dark eyeliner or mascara if you are trying to hide fine lines and wrinkles. Wrinkles appear darker than your skin anyway, so adding those dark colors actually draws attention to your flaws. Oops #2: Totally guilty of this one!
- Condition your eyelashes like you do your hair. This helps avoid breakage and fall out plus gives them a fuller look. You can use an eyelash serum on your eyebrows too.
- When applying mascara, especially if you have long lashes and deep-set eyes like I do, hold a Qtip on your lid just above the lashes. You’ll avoid getting mascara on your lid PLUS the lashes curl around the Qtip so you don’t have to use that death-defying eye lash curler anymore…SCORE!
- Don’t be afraid of color or sparkles at any age. Make sure the color palette matches your skin tone, eye color, and hair color. Lena recommended golds for my shadow. UGH…that’s the only thing I ever used brown for. I fail!