Just like the movie, The Nut Job 2, this Caramel Snickers Cake is nutty by nature! Fluffy white cake covered in white frosting, slathered in caramel sauce, then topped with Snickers Minis. The surprise Snickers crunch in the middle makes this cake a must try! Oh yea, and I should tell you, I did receive a full party pack from Team Click to facilitate this post.
Did you love the movie, The Nut Job? My kids did and that’s why we were so excited to host an at-home viewing party with the release of The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature! Taking down the Halloween decorations was a little depressing so throwing a little viewing party was in order to lift our spirits, which of course, it did. AND…what’s a party without some themed food, right? In order to keep with the theme of this fan favorite, I decided to use up some of that leftover Halloween candy (OMG there is SO much of it!) and make this Nutty By Nature Caramel Snickers Cake. This is a simple, light and fluffy white cake with white icing, caramel sauce, and chopped up Snickers bars. While the kids were watching the movie…I got to mixing, baking, and chopping.
The kids loved the movie and I enjoyed listening to the laughter from the other room. I’m looking forward to watching it myself (which is why, as a busy mom, I love owning movies on Blu-ray)! So, in a nutshell (pun intended), if you want to know what you’re in for, here’s a brief synopsis of the movie:
Surly Squirrel and the gang are back, returning to Liberty Park after they are forced to leave their easy life at the nut store. Getting back to nature is the last thing Surly wants to do, but when a greedy mayor decides to destroy the park to build an amusement park, Surly and his ragtag critter friends must band together to save the place they call home.
Speaking of busy moms, movie nights are my
lazy simple way of showing my littles that I love them without doing a lot of work. I enjoy taking the time to make them homemade, themed treats, and the time we spend together as a family – either watching the movie or making the treats – is priceless. If you haven’t already, you really need to see The Nut Job 2, and you really need to own it. Lucky for you, it’s already available on digital from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment or you can wait to pick up your copy at your local big box store on November 14, 2017 on Blu-ray and DVD. Up to you! Now…let’s get back to this Caramel Snickers Cake!
- For the Cake:!
- 1 box White Cake Mx
- Ingredients needed to make cake using whole milk instead of water
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Snickers Minis, roughly chopped
- For the Frosting:!
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping (more or less as desired)
- For the cake:
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions using milk instead of water and adding in the extract. Bake according to package instructions. Set aside and let cool on rack prior to assembling double layer cake.
- For the frosting:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and beat on medium until you get the desired consistency.
- To assemble:
- Place one cooled cake (flat side down) on your platter and frost and cover the top with caramel, then chopped Snickers.
- Place other cake half on top (flat side down) and frost the entire cake.
- Drizzle as much, or as little, of the caramel syrup over the cake allowing it to go down the sides, sprinkle with the Snickers chunks, and garnish with Snicker Mini halves on the bottom if you'd like (as shown in the photo).
You really need to make this Caramel Snickers Cake. One, because it’s so simple – and two, because your kids will love it. You also really need to make family movie night a regular thing if you don’t already. It’s economical, fun, and a well-needed bonding experience that you can easily fit into your busy schedule. The Gossett household highly recommends making The Nut Job 2 the star of your next movie night (which should be soon!). Want to find out more about the movie and the release? Follow along on Facebook and Instagram. Enjoy!